Monday, August 17, 2009

Crafting for a little friend's birthday

On the weekend Sofia's little friend Naomi celebrated her 2nd birthday. I really wanted to make her something a little bit special to celebrate. I had been wanting to try out some pencil rolls for a long time so this was a wonderful excuse to get crafting. I have a dress for Sofia made out of this gorgeous print so decided to use this for Naomi's pencil roll. I am still on the lookout for more of this kind of material in New Zealand. It is a such a kawaii Japanese print and such a lovely weight to work with also.
Sofia told me she really wants one of these for herself. So I guess I'm making another one again soon...




I knew that Naomi liked to bake Gingerbread Men with her Mama, and I had enough of this gorgeous retro cotton from my Mum's stash to make a couple of pint-sized aprons. One is for Sofia of course because she loves to bake with me! The other one we decided was for Naomi. I had no pattern so just traced a shape that looked about right on the reverse of the material (not a problem because I was lining it with red cotton.) I played around with the straps to get them right. It turned out okay in the end. Sofia was more than happy to try this apron of Naomi's on, but more than reluctant to take it off. Sadly, Sofia's is still in my WIP pile. Hopefully I'll get it done soon, and make this little one this happy again.

1 comment:

gabrielle said...

love the pencil roll and apron, I have the mushroom material too but only a small amount and can't find it anymore either