Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sewing mojo

I admit it has been a while since I really was sewing on a regular basis. Sometime I think I it is because I'm not feeling creative, or I'm feeling tired, or the mess in the studio has zapped my creativity. Anyway my sewing mojo has been noticeably absent from my world...

...until this weekend.

Some weekdays I have three littlies in my home all wanting to be baking alongside me. It can be cookies, cupcakes, bread or anything. They love to be a part of it. Up until now we have had a smock sent for Sofia from my lovely friend Hiroko in Tokyo,  and a cat apron which I got for Sofia last Christmas. The smock has sadly been outgrown by our littliest chef, so this left us in dire need for a couple of new aprons. 


On the weekend I sewed up a couple of sort of matching gingham print with retro floral pockets for the two big girls in the house. The gingham came from a box marked 'free' at our school, and the retro print from an elderly auntie's super cool retro stash. I backed both (and the cat one too) with some calico.

With this long standing mission completed, I completed a couple of things that were in the 'to be fixed' pile.

I have to say that it felt great to be at the machine again!

No comments: