Monday, October 1, 2012

Taranaki love

Double meaning to that title my friends. We drove five hours down to New Plymouth in Taranaki on the weekend for a celebration of love. My little brother has found the soul mate he was waiting for, and this weekend they were joined as husband and wife.

Check out his nervous face waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle to him!




After the wedding, while the photos were being taken, there was plenty of time to run and explore the grounds around the church.
 



Dinner involved balloons and huge chocolate milkshakes for the littlies and a nice bottle of pinot noir for Shawn and I.



Wherever you go in the city you never seen to be very far away from this beautiful mountain. It made me cry just a little when I first saw it as it looked so much like Mt. Fuji (which I once used to be able to see from my bedroom window).

We spent the morning before we were due to leave town exploring the cycleway along he waterfront. We sat and looked, we walked, and we biked. 

The wind wand is very cool and I couldn't believe how tall the refinery chimney was along the beach. We were informed it is in the process of being demolished as it has been decommissioned.





I adore the little coloured houses along the inlet just past Mt. Messenger. Is is Oakura? 


We also visited the botanic gardens by the Brooklyn bowl where there is a great 'free' Zoo and nice playground and picnic area for families. Just lovely.






We loved the small city of New Plymouth. Have you visited?

No comments: