Today we took my Mum to meet a friend for a few hours in Hamilton and I took the babies down to the lake in Hamilton Lake Domain to play and wait. As a child growing up in the Waikato my parents used to often take us here to play in the park, have a picnic, slide the longest slide I knew, and feed the swans and ducks. Once we even went canoeing on the lake with our basset hound!
The slide has had a revamp but it is still there! And yes, that is my little girl having her first ever go on the longest slide her Mama ever knew. Pretty gutsy for 28 months I think.
The cars and boat I remember 'racing' my sister in are still there and just as popular as ever!
The cars and boat I remember 'racing' my sister in are still there and just as popular as ever!

Lots of ducks and geese were in the lake, but none of the scary black swans I remembered from my childhood. I wonder where they went?


1 comment:
Sofia has turned into a little lady ~ she is just beatiful. xx
Post a Comment