Thursday, June 24, 2010

Times are a changing


I thought I would let you know that we have enrolled Sofia at our local Rudolf Steiner School. It is something I have been thinking about for the past year and a bit. My final paper Personal Pedagogy for my Graduate Diploma in Teaching really had me analysing my personal pedagogy and where I had drawn influences from. In a nutshell my influences are Rudolf Steiner and Magda Gerber's RIE philosophy for the under 2's (Based on respect, the RIE Approach helps raise authentic infants who are competent, confident, curious, attentive, exploring, cooperative, secure, peaceful, focused, self-initiating, resourceful, involved, inner-directed, aware, and interested).
I went to an open day last year for what was then our local Steiner School and saw what would be possible for our little girl. From that moment my heart was right there with her. Then last year we moved and I really thought we lived too far away from our local school. Inspired by another Mama's story of how she trekked across state weekly for her daughter attend a Waldorf school (Steiner/Waldorf schools are one in the same) I got Shawn and went to check our new local out. We are less than 10 kms away from the school and it takes 15 minutes to get there. A small sacrifice for a beautiful school life for our babies.

Sofia and Sacha start attending the Steiner Playgroup in just over three weeks time in the next school term. I feel so blessed and am very excited for the babies. They will remain in the playgroup until a space opens up in nursery (for Sofia perhaps when she is 3 1/2 and Sacha hopefully when he is 2 1/2).

New beginnings...

1 comment: