Friday, January 21, 2011

Just the thing for a picnic


Today I am trying to complete the final part of a sweet picnic rug for the family. The binding is made from some denim from my Mum's stash (using my handy bias tape marker) and is a perfect match for the flowers. The idea for the picnic rug and instructions I used are from SouleMama's book Handmade Home. All the fabric I managed to thrift at my favourite Opshop at the beach over the summer.
While there looking for interesting sheets I also got pillow cases for some more eco bags (that was my present for the lovely ladies in my life this Christmas) and some super cute clothes for my two littlies.

I am hoping to finish it tonight so we can use it over the weekend for some family picnicking. Sofia and I want to take Shawn to the butterfly house near here and have lunch in the gardens.

Enjoy your weekend, what ever you are doing!

No comments: