The picnic rug I was making is all complete and has even had its first outing already.
The children and I are waiting for a weekend day with some fine summery weather to take Daddy to this lovely gardens and butterfly house near our home.
We visited here with our lovely friends two weeks ago and have visited twice since, just to check in on the butterfly's progress. It is a really lovely place to go, especially right now as it is still butterfly season and you can witness the life cycle of the monarch butterfly in one place. If you are as lucky as us you can see one emerge from its chrysalis. I certainly recommend a visit for a picnic, or just to say hello to the butterflies if you are in the area. Entry is a mere $2!
Does anyone know what this plant is that the butterflies seem to love so much? I love the colour and I would love to plant this in our garden somewhere for them.
The children and I are waiting for a weekend day with some fine summery weather to take Daddy to this lovely gardens and butterfly house near our home.
We visited here with our lovely friends two weeks ago and have visited twice since, just to check in on the butterfly's progress. It is a really lovely place to go, especially right now as it is still butterfly season and you can witness the life cycle of the monarch butterfly in one place. If you are as lucky as us you can see one emerge from its chrysalis. I certainly recommend a visit for a picnic, or just to say hello to the butterflies if you are in the area. Entry is a mere $2!
Does anyone know what this plant is that the butterflies seem to love so much? I love the colour and I would love to plant this in our garden somewhere for them.

Recently hatched


1 comment:
Lovely! I think that is an orange milkweed. They lay their eggs on this and the caterpillars eat the leaves. Perfect for attracting monarchs. xx
Post a Comment