Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Northland

There was a decision to head up North. I knew this had to happen before Kindergarten and Nursery began, I started work, and life got far too busy to dash away.

I was so glad we made it up to Northland to visit our special friends. We miss them lots.





There was a very cool fountain sculpture next to the library in Kerikeri which was so very tempting for the littlies on such a stunning summers day.





We discovered a stunning reserviour down the road from our friend's house where the children went "fishing" with hand made rods and just with burly. Fun, peaceful days.

On Waitangi Day, we went to Paihia (just down the road) for a swim and a picnic. We managed to pick a prime location to hear the 21 gun salute at Waitangi. The air Force jets flew right over our heads performing their acrobatic formations. The Waka were parked up around the next bay from us and we watched as they paddled past making their way up to the treaty grounds.







No comments: