Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Daddy's day

A shout out to all the lovely Daddy's out there. Happy Daddy's day!!

Today was Sofia's gorgeous Daddy's very first Daddy's day. This morning we woke Shawn up with a present and a card special drawn on by Sofia. Her first artwork.

For brunch we went out to a nice cafe across the other side of town. It is called the Mud Pie Deli and it absolutely deserves a mention. Not only is the food divine, but the service is outstanding and 100% genuine (if you get what I mean). They have also opened a deli called Babalada in the arcade next to it. I would recommend checking this out if you are nearby during the week. I used to buy lunch from the them once every week when I was working at the Auckland Zoo. It was such a treat.


This photo is of Sofia watching the people and cars go by out the window at the Mud Pie Deli.

We had planned to take a walk along the beach after brunch, but the weather packed up and none of us had rain gear. I was planning to go to the spot where we got married on the beach 2 1/2 years ago. We'll have to save that for summer.

No comments: