Anyway, this morning it was gorgeous, then there was a patch of overcast weather, then a thunderstorm complete with a hailstorm, them some more patches of fine weather, interspersed with some scattered showers. The temperature is really mild though.
Sofia and I decided to risk it and take a walk down to the beach to have a swing and some NZ Natural ice cream, which we both love. We got down to the beach and popped Sofia in the swing just in time for the first spot of rain. That was a quick swing!

Then on the way home we passed an piece of bush on the side of the road where there is a family of swings. Every time I walk past I wonder how this motley assortment of swings came to reside in the trees on the side of the avenue to the beach. I always wonder if it was the work of one family or many families. 
The weather had improved enough by then for Sofia to have a swing again so we decided to try out the yellow baby swing for size. It was a perfect fit for her and seemingly more safe than the once overlooking the water. She loved the novelty of swinging in the trees too. My little nature baby. 
If that wasn't enough of a treat for me for one day. I finally managed to spot the tui that I always here in the trees down that avenue and I managed to take a quick photo too while it was in mid-song.
No comments:
Post a Comment