Monday, February 2, 2009

For Joanna Rose

We have a new sweet addition to our family as of 31 December 2008. Her name is Joanna Rose and she is the new baby of my cousin and his lovely wife Janine and the new younger sister of Ryan. We are already thinking how amazing her 21st might be on New years Eve 2029!

Sofia and I are off to meet her today for the first time, but I thought I would show you what we are taking to her for a present.


Inspired by this post about their new addition baby Arlo and his gorgeous space, I made this mobile for Joanna. If you want to make some birds of your own, go here for the pattern. I had Shawn help me with the mobile balancing act. I am (for those of you who don't know) extremely spatially challenged.


Anyway it moves really nicely and it was a fun wee project. This is definitely something I will do again.

2 comments:

gabrielle said...

very cool, ours moves nicely too, must be something about the weight of the birds. congrats on your new family member

Heart Felt said...

Now I know where you got your crafty genes from, your mum sounds like she is rather talented in sewing! xx