

Today Sofia started to make a paper mache balloon which will be some sort of animal pinata for her birthday. Possibly a hen? Or maybe a mouse to match her cake.
Messy stuff, but lots of fun! I just helped to rip up the paper and made up the paste for her in a jar with her paint brush, and she did the rest. It is going to take a few more sessions before we have something more like a pinata., which is fine because we have over a month until her party. I love that she is making something for her party though. She told me we have to fill it with chocolate and stickers!
On another note, never ask your almost three year old what kind of cake they would like for their party. If they are anything like my little girl with her very active imagination they might ask for something like Sofia did,. She told me that she would like a Madju cake. Madju is the almost four year old orangutan baby at Auckland Zoo. When I worked there and was expecting Sofia her due date was very close to his first birthday and I often though he might have been born on that same day. Anyway after telling me I could just change the bear cake to be a little more like Madju she has thankfully said she rather likes the idea of a mouse cake. Hurray! That is certainly a little more possible for this Mama.
Messy stuff, but lots of fun! I just helped to rip up the paper and made up the paste for her in a jar with her paint brush, and she did the rest. It is going to take a few more sessions before we have something more like a pinata., which is fine because we have over a month until her party. I love that she is making something for her party though. She told me we have to fill it with chocolate and stickers!
On another note, never ask your almost three year old what kind of cake they would like for their party. If they are anything like my little girl with her very active imagination they might ask for something like Sofia did,. She told me that she would like a Madju cake. Madju is the almost four year old orangutan baby at Auckland Zoo. When I worked there and was expecting Sofia her due date was very close to his first birthday and I often though he might have been born on that same day. Anyway after telling me I could just change the bear cake to be a little more like Madju she has thankfully said she rather likes the idea of a mouse cake. Hurray! That is certainly a little more possible for this Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment