Saturday, October 30, 2010

Millbrook Edible Garden

Today we took a little walk down the stream walkway at the the end of our road. We wanted to show Shawn the community garden that we discovered on a walk a few weeks ago. What we discovered today was an old grapefruit tree ripe with fruit. Shawn picked us some for juicing. There had also been some planting of fruit trees since our last visit and I was excited to see about five new feijoa trees, and apricot, mandarin and several cranberry bushes. Yum.

I truly love the initiatives that happen our here in our little eco city. A woman riding by on her bike with her man yelled out "Isn't it great that they plant fruit trees", to which I replied "I think it is wonderful!". Go the West!

There was a look of sheer joy on this little one's face when by pure chance we discovered the hidden ponds where the ducklings have been hanging out. They were all so very hungry and wolfed down our meager bread offering.
On the walk home we found this gem. I have to say only in West Auckland... Heehee.

No comments: