Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kumeu Show Day

A couple of weekends back we went to the Kumeu A&P Show. It was really lovely. I'm opposed to the ideas of holding a show like this in a concreted space, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much this show reminded me of the ones that I went to when I was growing up. There was grass underfoot, pony rides, equestrian events, stalls, animal showing, Irish and Scottish dancing competitions, candy floss and of course the rides.

Sofia loved the giant pumpkins and Scottish dancing a lot.


Sacha loved his first nibble of candy floss.


Sofia adored the bouncy castle...
...and this lovely wooden carousel or merry-go-round.


Some of the sights I enjoyed seeing that reminded me of childhood. They never seem to change.




We all liked seeing the animals, and were more knowledgeable about the poultry this year. I adore the Highland Cattle too with their shaggy coats and lovely long horns.

The funniest thing I saw was by far was the sheep racing though. How silly is that. Poor sheep.


2 comments:

gabrielle said...

love Sophia's dress

growMama said...

gosh that is a blast from the past, reminds me of the easter show when i was a kid! that photo of sophia is just so lovely