Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some lovin' for the old chair

This old chair I rescued from the inorganic collection in eastern bays last year. You can tell by how old Sofia is in these photos just how long a project can take if I need assistance! I removed all the cracked white paint, my Dad sanded and vanished it, my Mum helped me sew the covers for the cushion and seat back, and Shawn stapled the material and put it all back together for me. It was a real family effort, and much appreciated.

Anyway finally it is finished and is perfect for climbing in and out of one's big girl bed with, and also on the odd occasion to nap on whilst standing up.

I had the fabric from an order from Japan last year. I made a great shoulder bag for me with some of the other fabric, but I had been saving this fabric for something ultra special. It is a cotton/hemp mix fabric. I loved the short legs on the chair, which I think someone chopped down, but are the perfect height for little people.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now and thought I'd say hi. =)
It's so great when a project finally gets finished, ay? I tend to have a few projects at different stages of unfinishedness on the go at once!