Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sewing mojo

I have been doing a little sewing lately. I have my mojo back in place, but I seem to have little actual sewing time.

Sofia has just gone to bed although I have no idea whether or not she is actually asleep. It is already after 9.30pm and I am just thinking about what I might do with my adult time. Actually, by the time I write this post and have a shower it will be my bedtime. Sad, but true. Thankfully I love my babies so much otherwise I might just resent the fact that they occupy 95% of my waking hours.

I have been able to do a lot of baking though because Sofia is such a great little helper in the kitchen. We bake together a lot. I usually try and let her decide what she wants to make.

I made Sofia a little red skirt to put in her dress-ups to wear for dancing. It took about 10 minutes to make re purposed from a chiffon style stole worn by me as bridesmaid at my friend Arna's wedding about three years ago. Needless to say lots of twirling happened that afternoon!



One of things I have sewn in the past month are these delightful 'fairyland' cushions. I had this material with this sweet fairyland image on it in four separate pieces. I agonised forever about what to use them for, and finally decided that some cushions in the reading area of the children's room would be a project worthy of the material. I chose a bright blue canvas for the back and some pink pompom embellishments were chosen by Miss Sofia. They are getting well used already. I have one more sitting in my studio awaiting some final handstitching.
Today Sofia went quiet, and then I noticed she was sitting quietly in her room reading Eric Carle's 'The Very Busy Spider' snuggled up in her cushions.

No comments: