Monday, February 7, 2011

New Year / New Things

I've been putting off writing this post because it means that I am confirming my intentions for the year.

It is not that I really want to pike out, that is never the intention at the outset. It is just that to be honest, I am a bit of a procrastinator. This is nothing new, I have been like this as long as I can remember. I just don't want to be at December 2011 and having to acknowledge that I have not accomplished what I have set out to do. I am answerable only to me, but if I write it in this forum t
hen it's public knowledge what my hopes and plans are for the year and there is no going back.

This make me a little nervous, but here goes anyway.
  • Sew and sell a bunch of childrens clothing and accessories to earn a little money for my family.
  • Take a good family portrait during 2011
  • Gain a deeper understanding of the Steiner education that we have chosen for our children, and live it daily in our home routines. I really wanted to study towards a Steiner Certificate this year, but the timing is not quite right, so 2012 it is...
  • Be more organised in my studio space (this means tidier!)
  • Learn more about my new passion for organic gardening (food forests and permaculture principles)
  • Be more frugal and try to eliminate wherever possible food I can make from scratch i.e, yogurt, bread, cookies
  • Be a fully conscious consumer - meaning not buying anything I do not already have on our list, and not buy if I can make/make do (I already do this, but there is always room for improvement)
  • Make it to one beautiful yoga session per week with my new amazing teacher Caitlin. I'm very blessed to have found her!
  • Spend more time in the garden and slowly work towards the food forest/permaculture garden vision I have in my head, and the vision Shawn has in his : ) We would like to be able to produce 80% of our own fruit & vegetables

1 comment:

anissa ljanta said...

wonderful things unfolding for you this year...i look forward to sharing some of that journey with you. And hey, how about doing some market work together lady?