Though I'm the first to admit that I'm a little bit miffed that our now seven month old hens have not laid a single egg between them. They have a gorgeous home (furnished with lots of natural light, ventilation, sawdust floor and hay laden nesting boxes) fresh water on demand, lots of time free ranging, foraging and dust bathing etc, and plenty of lovely grains and grit and fresh fruit and vege scraps to eat. I'm not even slightly embarrassed to tell you that I even purchased three fake eggs to place in their nesting boxes so they are under no illusion as to what they are for. Still no eggs... There will be a big party at our place when they do finally produce us an egg, no matter how small it may be.
In the meantime, Sofia loves to feed them by hand every morning. So do Shawn, Sacha and I.
Sofia and the girls; Olive, Penny, Daisy and Betty.
See if you can hear Sofia tell Penny how big she's getting and that she has a lovely wattle. She calls her Dr. Penny at the end. Hilarious girl.
Teaching the chickens to sit nicely.
A photo I love of Sofia just checking out her acorns.

No comments:
Post a Comment