We are back in Auckland now after being at the beach with my family. We love them all and it is great to catch up, but it is very difficult to stay sane in such a confined space. My Mum has a tee pee, which should have been up this year as a place to sleep, relax, and escape from the noise. We slept in the van (like camping), my sister Theresa and her husband Scott slept on one of the decks, and my brother Alexander had a room, as did Sofia. Still, the house is not big and the TV dominates the space when it is on...which is often. TV is awful, I could happily live without one.
:: The New Years fireworks were amazing. I try to get over my feelings about the environmental damage long enough to enjoy the spectacular display. The Tairua/Pauanui fireworks at New Years never disappoints.
:: On the first, we went to both the Gypsy fair in Whangamata, where we drank great coffee and had our palms read. Sofia crawled around under the trees with her pants off.

:: On the second, we went to the Keltic fair in Coromandel. Sofia was carsick for the first time going over the 309 road (20kms of windy gravel road), which resulted in having to wash the car seat in a river. We all sweltered in the heat of the day at the fair.


:: We came home on the weekend to find all sorts of goodness in our garden. Lots of zucchini, and tomatoes, and our first apple cucumber! Shawn is working on building a Japanese teppo-styled bamboo fence for the garden.

I have so many projects ready to go this year, it is nerve wracking yet exciting. I aim to sell a few things this year.
I'll leave you with a couple more images of our break away...


2 comments:
Looks like you had a great holiday...poor wee Sofia...car sickness is horrible. :(
Biggie got carsick too going over the Kaimais a couple of years ago :( Luckily he was old enough to say so I could stop the car and get the sand bucket - we were in a rental so that was LUCKY!
Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment