Friday, April 24, 2009

A little library bag


Well after saying I had lost my sewing mojo just yesterday I dusted off the old machine and whipped up one of these gorgeous little tote bags for Sofia. She needed a little bag for when she comes to the library with me. I made a little pocket for the inside so she can keep her library card in there.
The pattern I used if from this lovely book (thanks Auckland library!). I love that there is one little strap and one that is longer, so the long one threads through the short one to keep the bag closed, very clever.


I used some leftover lime green material from another project for the lining and the tiny mushroom material I got for 1/2 price recently. I have the same material also in red, which Sofia has a pinafore out of (must remember to post a photo of this too).

Sofia knows that this is for her. She helped by passing me pins (very cautiously) and watched me start to sew it up. She keeps pointing it out. Now to get her to carry it for me...

3 comments:

hanna said...

Cute, love it. Love the fabric. Did I see that at Spotlight? Something smilar anyway. Was so tempted to buy some but I REALLY don't need more fabric.

Stacey said...

Yes, you did see it at Spotlight. I only shop in the quilting section as they have some great Japanese cotton/linen mixes like this one. I couldn't leave it there at 50% off. : )

Little Miss Flossy said...

I love that fabric, I have it in the red/pink colourway as well. Cute little bag!