
Today I got some of these lovely alternatives to plastic bags. I carry a spare bag around in my behemoth of a Mama bag everyday in case we need another, and so I can say no to plastic. Yesterday when I was shopping I found it really difficult to get away without using any plastic bags. Buying mushrooms without plastic bags if there are no paper ones around is nigh on impossible.
My husband is going to call me a hippy. But I'll still love him when I whip out the string bags at the Farmer's market on Saturday!
If you want to get some of these yourself. They are made from sustainable, certified organic, unbleached Indian cotton. They are really reasonable at $5 for the string bags and $6 for a three pack of the produce bags. They only charge $2 for postage too. See them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment