I am a total believer in storage. I believe that you can minimise even children's mess if they have somewhere to put their things. It helps even more if they know it is for their special things.
So anyway, today while the children were napping I covered two of my old decaffeinated coffee cans for storing Sofia's assorted stencils and pencils. I had made a fabric box, library bag bag and pencil case for some of her things earlier from this same cute material. I do still have some more left as I purchased a couple of metres when it was 1/2 price. I thought originally I might cover the cans with material, but then I had a better idea.
So I scanned the material onto paper measured it to size then cut and glued it with glue stick so it wrapped around the can. To finish them off and protect them from water/pencil/paint/crayon etc. I cover them both with a layer of cover seal. Voila, instant cute from my old coffee cans.
Here's the before and after for you.

1 comment:
Nice bit of reuse there Stacey - they look rad! :)
Post a Comment