Thursday, December 18, 2008

The best little Christmas house in New Zealand

In Auckland, New Zealand there is a little Christmas magic out east.



On the way home from dinner with friends for Christmas we dropped by this house which is somewhere off Botany road in Howick. There is a couple there who start to decorate their house in November and by December it looks like this! They have in addition to the glorious lawn display a purpose built tunnel with a fantastic selection of all singing dancing Christmas toys. The whole interior is strung with lights. It is truly magical. Sofia's eyes were so wide as she walked through in her pajamas with Daddy.


I was excited to see her loving the display.

This was my favourite part. I loved the train driving in and out of tunnels and around the miniature village.


And, do you know the nicest part about all this. On top of the wonderful display this couple create to share with anyone who stops by to visit over the Christmas period, they give every child who visits (even the very little ones like Sofia who should be in bed!) a candy cane. Sofia gripped her until she fell asleep in the car on the way home. So sweet.

If you can get there, I would recommend it. Call Shawn or ask for more directions. Shawn lived out that way so know the area like a taxi driver.

1 comment:

Heart Felt said...

I love the look of wonderment on Sofia's face, jsut adorable. xx