I had two packages arrive for me this week. One I was expecting sometime before Christmas, the other was a total surprise. I had order some material from Japan. The red material with leaves on it is for up holstering a chair for Sofia room. It is going to be gorgeous.

The other material I just couldn't resist.
It has three pattern all in one. Circles, stripe and plaid...my favourites. I am going to make some pretty little skirts from that material.
Also, a while back I posted a comment on Little Miss Flossy's blog, and she picked my name out of a hat for a book.
Imagine my surprise when this lovely bundle of goodies turned up yesterday! There is some lovely old pieces of material, antique lace, some apple green bias binding, a retro tea towel and some lovely buttons. I have so many exciting ideas for the fabric.
Imagine my surprise when this lovely bundle of goodies turned up yesterday! There is some lovely old pieces of material, antique lace, some apple green bias binding, a retro tea towel and some lovely buttons. I have so many exciting ideas for the fabric.
The book is awesome and I can't wait to create myself something lovely. None of my current skirts seem to fit the way they used to before having Sofia. The generous nature of bloggers never ceases to amaze me. What a special bunch of people. Thanks Floss, you made my week!
1 comment:
Beautiful Japanese fabric! I'm glad you liked the bundle, Sophie and I had fun putting it together. I loved the blue fabric and saved a piece for a skirt of my own. The ornament arrived this morning and is now hanging sweetly on the handmade tree. Thanks again, it's lovely.
Post a Comment