Tonight we had a wonderful dinner.
Sashimi rates as my favourite meal by far. After living so long in Japan, I developed a preference for eating fish fresh and uncooked.
Today Shawn and Sofia went to get a piece of tuna fillet and salmon fillet from the fish market. This is by far the best place to buy your fish from if you are in Auckland. We ate this with freshly grated daikon (Japanese radish) from our garden. Anyone in New Zealand who would like to try and grow some, we can help you out there. They are delicious.

Sofia loves fresh fish and has been eating salmon since she was around six months old.
She ate a lot of Nori (seaweed) too tonight which I thought was fabulous. It took me about six months into my first year in Japan to be able to eat it! For some reason I couldn't stomach the smell.
No comments:
Post a Comment