Today I recycled something from the 'to take to the op shop' pile for Sofia.


I had this skirt and top which my Mother said was my Aunt's once. She didn't want to just throw it away, so I took it away. I have had it hanging in the wardrobe ready to sell/give away for about 6 months. Anyway today I took it out and cut it up! I made a little peasant blouse for Sofia with part of the skirt. The bottom of the skirt had a handy contrasting panel at the bottom, which I incorporated into the blouse at the bottom. Mostly because I thought it would look cute, not just because it would save having to hem it.

I have a plan to make one for a friend's baby too from the same material, and I was also thinking a little skirt might be cute.


I had this skirt and top which my Mother said was my Aunt's once. She didn't want to just throw it away, so I took it away. I have had it hanging in the wardrobe ready to sell/give away for about 6 months. Anyway today I took it out and cut it up! I made a little peasant blouse for Sofia with part of the skirt. The bottom of the skirt had a handy contrasting panel at the bottom, which I incorporated into the blouse at the bottom. Mostly because I thought it would look cute, not just because it would save having to hem it.

I have a plan to make one for a friend's baby too from the same material, and I was also thinking a little skirt might be cute.
1 comment:
That is SO lovely. I am a generation older than you and can clearly remember my mother making clothes for myself and older brother from clothes that her parents and siblings had outgrown or clothes that had given their best in places. This was due to a shortage of material (it being the end of world war II in Holland. It has always made sense to me to do this and I am absolutely thrilled that you and the younger generation are now doing the same for the sake of the environment and cutting down on pure wastage. Good on you girl!!!
Post a Comment