Our neighbours are having a baby girl at Christmas time and Sofia had a new cousin arrive in Christchurch two weeks ago. Welcome baby Georgia! Rather than buying them something I decided to craft something handmade for them instead. I found instructions for making a baby ball here a few month ago. It is part of a cloth skittle set and has no template, but her instructions are so clear, even I can make it...I think.
Anyway, I have a small amount of the lovely material I purchased for Sofia's birthday garland (which incidentally I finished last weekend while my Mum completed the birthday crown). I decided to use this to craft a couple of balls to welcome the new little girls.

So far I have made a template, cut out the shapes (six for each ball), and ironed on some of my Mum's vintage vilene (sp?), The plan is that tonight after Sofia is tucked up in her cot I will get out my machine and sew them together. I'll show you what they look like when they are done.
2 comments:
Ooo.. Cool! Did you get a plug for your machine?
Didn't you hear that Sofia's Nanny found it last weekend while I was in Tairua?
Post a Comment