Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sofia's birthday things

I remembered last night that I hadn't shown you but wanted to share with you some of the delightful things from Sofia's birthday.


Firstly, her Auntie Sarah who lives in Australia made her these gorgeous soft name cubes. We love how beautifully handmade these are, and each one spells her name! She loves them already. Just wait until she realises they actually spell Sofia too! I love how the material is the same as that used in family gifts that Sarah has made previously. It is another little special connection. She has detailed making them on her blog here. I have a favourite block in particular too. It is this exquisitely hand stitched "S".

I can only imagine how long that must have taken! Thank you Sarah, we love you.






Sofia's Nanny (my Mum), made the birthday crown we designed together after I decided she would do a better job of it than me. It is just gorgeous, and she mostly kept it on all day too! It must be quite comfortable to wear wool felt. Thanks Mum, you rock!






My friend Cat (Sofia's friend Naomi's Mama) made her this sweet little matryoshka doll. I love that it is so sweet and personalised with Sofia and a heart on it's bottom! Sofia makes me kiss her little matryoshka doll, must be a new game! Thanks Cat, you are a sweet heart!




I made Sofia this celebration fabric garland. I blogged about finding the material here. Actually I put the garland up in a place and no one really noticed it (I knew it was there though). They took a lot longer than I thought they would, but then again, I am quite pedantic. I was pleased with how cheerful they are.


I just adore handmade, and Sofia was spoiled with handmade goodies this birthday. That makes for one happy little girl, and one very happy Mama.

No comments: